LAMLradio #38 – LEGO News for May 4th

In Episode #38 of LAMLradio I talk with Dan from the Fascinating LEGO┬« Model of the Day blog and LEGO Ambassador “Big Daddy” Nelson about the latest in the LEGO world. From the recent announcement about the next cycle of LEGO Ambassadors to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick. During the MOCs of the Week segment Zach Clapsadle and Andrew Lee join us to talk about their latest creations.

News
Nominations For Newest LEGO Ambassadors Cycle Open
New LEGOLAND Discovery Center Coming To Chicago
-(more info on Discovery Centers)
LEGO Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Brick
-(view online)
New Indy Sets At Shop@Home

MOCs of the Week
Captain Jack by Craig Stevens
Zach Clapsadle on his Geminated Ruby
Andrew Lee on his Iron Gundam

Feedback? Email podcast@laml.org or comment in the blog below.

This entry was posted in Archived and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to LAMLradio #38 – LEGO News for May 4th

1. TheQ says:

I think that the TLG has been suprised by actual amount of adult LEGO fans. TLG has been even contacted me to get actual number of LEGO fans here in Finland!

Oh, and the MOC segment is much better now.

2. Will Meitzler says:

Close but not quite- Woodfield is in Schaumburg, a suburb of Chicago, about an hour’s drive from the Windy City.

3. Jack says:

i love this thank you so much for th lego news

4. Jack says:

i mean the not th

@Will: It says on the LEGO site that its coming to Chicago! Its not my fault!

And your welcome Jack, I have a lot of fun getting it to you.

6. Jas says:

Great episode, I love the new “MOC Of The Week” format, it’s really good to hear the builders talk about thier work and answer questions.

7. Dan says:

I like the new version of the MOC of the week segment, but I think I’d combine the two approaches in the future – maybe let the builder talk about their MOC first and then let the person who picked fill in any details that were missed (and ask questions). I don’t think anything was missed this time out, though, so I’d count it as a success.

I came out a little tinny – not sure if that’s Skype’s fault or my microphone’s fault. Hmm. Anyway, I’ll be plugging this on both LMOTD and Dan’s Projects over the next few days.

8. Matt says:

I like the new MOC Of the week segment. Very cool to hear the builders insight on their work.

9. Nannan says:

These episodes are getting better and better. This one is really nicely done. I like the improved way of hosting the MOC of the week segment. Good effort hunting down all those builders and good planning as well.

10. Junsier says:

MOC section is definitely cooler now, good job planning on getting the builders on Skype. Look forward to the next one.

11. Pingback: NCLUG - North Carolina LEGO Users Group » LAML Radio