LAMLradio #76 – Aaron in a Box

In Episode #76 we talk about the new LEGO images coming out of the Canadian Toy Fair, we discuss leaked images, and James goes on a rant that is sure to offend!

Play

News
-New leaked images, new debates
Hispabrick #3 released
BrikWars Windows game updated
Canadian Toy & Hobby Fair
Bionicle
Space Police/Power Miners
Star Wars

MOC of the Week
Town City Hall by hachi

Feedback? Email info@lamlradio.com or comment in the blog

This entry was posted in LAMLRadio Podcast and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to LAMLradio #76 – Aaron in a Box

1. Bruce says:

Hey James,

Hachi is the Brickshelf ID for Japanese builder Takeshi Itou. His personal site is Castle Element.

BTW, what was the controversial MOC you talked about at the end of the podcast?

Bruce

I’m probably just making a mountain out of a molehill, but this was the MOC:

3. JasBrick says:

James, I think you are right to raise it as an issue but policing this sort of thing is virtually impossible. There will always be an element in the online community that will act immaturely (especially when they feel that they are joining in with the mob mentality)and it is down to the silent majority to try and balance this with common sense. I have no problem with the creation itself and I am afraid that a lot of really good work is tainted by irresponsible comments from those that do not spend the time to consider how their actions could be perceived by others.

My own personal bug-bear at the moment is the ever increasing number of what I would consider “dislike groups” that have started to develop from the friendly banter around things like whether Yellow or Fleshie is best… it is weird really, but personal preferences seem to be becoming more and more entrenched.

Anyway, I do hope your dilemna regarding work vs. podcasting is solved and that you keep up the good work… and please, please keep Aaron in the box 😉

Jasbrick

4. Matt says:

Great episode! I want to send an .mp3 comment about the civility on the internet thing. I would love a chance to react to your thoughts.

-Matt Forcum

You know the address Matt.

6. Bruce says:

Ah. I thought that MOC was kind of meh – a bit of a chuckle but that was it. I really just glanced through the comment thread but I thought some of the “going to hell” comments were said with tongue in cheek, kind of poking fun at fundamentalist types who might say such things, rather than being a true commentary on the MOC and the builder.

Bruce

Agreed, most of the “going to hell” comments were being made in jest. As you said, poking fun at some Christians. But this did eventually lead to some people coming out and defending their beliefs. I didn’t find it very pleasant and was merely trying to explain why I did not.

8. I found myself agreeing with you on this James. I sometimes get very angry over things. I removed Chuck from my contacts to avoid getting angry a while back after he annoyed me several times. Though things like politics on TBB are unavoidable. I guess I just need to try to step back and take a deep breath.

9. Ted says:

This is actually quite an important issue and unfortunately James you are entering very dangerous territory with your commentary.

To put it in perspective, did you agree with the fanatics who burned effigies and threatened violence against Danish people and companies (including LEGO) after the cartoon controversy a couple of years ago? The reason I ask is that to many people your objections are no different than that of those fantatics. Not as violent perhaps but no less objectionable intellectually.

Yes, you did make a mountain out of a molehill. The MOC in question was mildly humourous. Your objections and those of other so-called “Christians” were way over the top. Rather than get offended and bring attention to the ideas you object to, would it not be better to turn the other cheek and just ignore it?

10. Chuck says:

Let me just clarify that I did not intentionally mean to offend Christians, and I am sorry to all of you who are offended. However, I was aware that the subject matter may be offensive, and I tried to make a somewhat humorous title to soften the insult to injury. Should anyone of you want to take up this matter further, feel free to shoot me a flickrmail.