LAMLradio #89 – Zack "NewRight"

In Episode #89 I get back into the swing of things by interview Zack “NewRight” about building big, BrickWorld 2009, his pending website, and visiting AFOL’s homes.

Play

Feedback? Email info@lamlradio.com or comment in the blog

This entry was posted in LAMLRadio Podcast and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to LAMLradio #89 – Zack "NewRight"

1. josh says:

Finally James glad to see that your back!

2. Brickapolis says:

Pretty poor show. Didn’t like it much.

Thanks for the support Brickapolis. I appreciate it. πŸ™‚

4. Jason says:

Nice to have you back James. It was nice to hear you interview someone who everybody might not be to familiar with. I went through Newrights, photo stream while listening to the podcast. He does some really good work for someone so young. I appreciate also your comments about large boring models, I don’t know how many times I have been completely underwhelmed by a massive MOC and truly impressed with something built on a 6X6 plate. And on a completely unrelated note where does the bumper music come from?
    Brickopolis thanks for the constructive comments, remember before the internet came along and everybody lived by the rule if you don’t have something nice to say shut up?
    I do, man those were good days.

Its good to be back! The music that starts the sow off is by Ian Gomm and came off a CD that was passed around to members of KeithLUG. The ending music is by Ben Pleasance.

6. flamar50 says:

Wow… those Toy Story sets look AWESOME, especially the army men… I’m a sucker for Toy Story. I can’t believe that LEGO is doing Disney stuff.

7. Jason says:

The army men do look great don’t they. Zerg is really cool as well. I’m sort of iffy on the extra long legs, but hey I’ll withhold judgment till I buy them, cause I know I will.

8. zkee says:

the new mike is quite obviously an improvement, James – I’m using earplugs on the bike when listening to your casts, and you sound cleaner than ever (and now that I think of it, there’s a bit of philip seymour hoffman in your voice, too πŸ™‚

The cast this time was not that sparking, I must say. I’ll gladly blame it on the rust and eagerly await further shows. Hit us!

9. Jasbrick says:

James,

Personally I enjoyed the show… the difficulty of interviewing someone remotely should not be underestimated, especially when the person being interviewed is also unused to the experience. It is great to hear from all types of builders and it is important to remember that age and building skill are not always in direct correlation.

If I could comment on how this show compared to previous I would say that an aspect that I miss is your comments about what is going on in the community… i.e. new sets, new MOC’s etc. I don’t always agree with your assessment of things but I do love to hear what you think.

Anyway, keep them coming as you need to get the value out of the new microphone πŸ˜‰

Jasbrick

Philip Seymour Hoffman? Don’t know how to respond to that! πŸ™‚

New interview is going up later today and we will defiantly have a round table of some sort for the new…interesting…minifigs.